CHINA BLAST COVID CURBS
China blasts ‘unacceptable’ COVID curbs on travellers
The US, Canada, Japan and France are among more than a dozen countries that have put curbs on travellers from china.
As fears over an increase in instances mount, several nations, including the United States, Canada, Japan, and France, are requiring all visitors from China to show negative COVID-19 testing before arrival.
Following Beijing's abrupt lifting of its "zero-COVID" policy in December, hospitals and crematoriums in China have seen a sharp increase in infections, which has swiftly overwhelmed these facilities.
Beijing has still moved forward with a long-awaited reopening, announcing last week the termination of the requirement for travellers to undergo quarantine. This announcement encouraged Chinese citizens to book international travel.
Speaking at a routine briefing on Tuesday, Mao Ning, a spokesperson for the foreign ministry, said that "some countries have adopted entry restrictions targeting just Chinese travellers."
Borne said on Franceinfo radio, "I believe we're doing what we should be doing by asking for testing." "We shall keep doing it."
Beijing continues to limit inbound visitors and refuse to issue visas for tourists or overseas students; thus, the rules imposed affect all travellers leaving China, not just Chinese nationals.
Beijing's lack of transparency about infection data and the possibility of novel strains has also been highlighted by nations, notably the US, as a justification for limiting travel.
Since December, China has only documented 22 COVID deaths, and the criteria for diagnosing such deaths have been significantly reduced. As a result, Beijing's own data regarding the unprecedented surge are now commonly acknowledged to be bogus.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments